Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Turkey on a Bun

Alas, with gluten free diets we can no longer use the traditional can of cream soup in all our casseroles. I have learned to survive without those casseroles, but I sorrowfully missed my turkey on a bun...left over turkey and a can of cream of chicken soup warmed and served on a bun. BUT (!yipee!) I have come up with a Gluten free alternative that outdoes the canned variety! My biggest hint for gluten free today is.....When we make a roast of any kind, we make a SUPER size vat of homemade gravy and freeze the leftovers.
Here's my recipe!

Turkey on a Bun


2 cups of cooked, chopped turkey
1/3 cup Miracle Whip Mayonnaise
1 cup - 1 1/2 cups turkey gravy
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp celery seed (NOT celery salt)

Mix together in a saucepan and heat through, stirring often on med/low heat as not to burn. Serve on closed buns (like a hamburger!)Use gluten free buns if needing GF

1 comment: