Monday, May 4, 2009

Busy Sewers




It's home-ec season in our house. The sun is out, and I have some of my energy back. I've been sewing some items for Etsy, including embroidered pinafore aprons, and the little ones are wanting to follow along. So I have set them to needle and thread, and designed two samplers for DD and DS1. They are doing a remarkable job! I really appreciate the hard work of MyTransfers, and love the vintage images I was able to use for the snow girl sampler. DS1 is still in love with his giraffe bookmark, so we used the same design to make his needle work. I traced the images onto basic cotton that had the raw edges hemmed, and popped into embroidery hoops. And we are using JP Coats cotton embroidery thread to do a basic back stitch. A simple quick start for a project they will enjoy showing off in their rooms, and they learned a skill to boot! (Sorry they aren't ironed, I popped the hoops off for a quick pic!)

No comments:

Post a Comment