Saturday, March 6, 2010

Did you ever think to yourself....?

You know, those things where if your life was really together the way you wanted you’d never have to think such a thought … like for example:

“Hmm, smells like I left a pan in the oven.”


I love this! It was written by "dovian" in a forum on Ravelry and is SO TRUE! How many times have I (or you) let  chaos have control in our life, to the point that we waste time or loose out.

If you were to peak into the window of my life right now, an outsider might consider the rooms in my house of life to be in shambles. But praise God, it really isn't. Because I have a hope found in Him! I am not traveling on an easy road right now (someday I'll explain). I have lost a lot recently, there are days I am overwhelmed by the chaos of our circumstances. But I still have a peace and a comfort in my heart, even in the moments I feel sorrow.

I bought an inexpensive silver ring the other day, to replace one that has been missing from my hand for sometime now. And it is inscribed with Proverbs 3:5

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

(I love verse 6:)

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

I have  known this verse since I was about 8 years old.  And no matter what path I am on, whatever chaos is seeking to control my life, this verse has always come to me.  Despite the clutter I allow into my life, the choices good or bad and the outcome, I know God is by my side. I need to be willing to surrender to him though, give him the clutter to deal with, listen for his direction and follow it, even if it's hard- like forgiving yourself, or harder still- forgiving someone else.

CTM
2010

PS.  I just went down to do dishes after I posted, and found I had left the crockpot on low with left over porridge in it ALL DAY. Yep, lots of chaos in my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment